Saturday, April 24, 2010

Query Letter 1st draft

Dear Diary,
Today I wrote the first draft of my query letter. I'm pitching an idea to a magazine about dieting. I've done some research on query letters and I know more now than I did a month ago. My letter needs to stand out among the pile that sits on the editors' desk. With that in mind there are many articles out there about weight loss; so I have to figure out a way to breathe new life into the subject. That's the current challenge. In my query letter I guess I should include some facts and statistics about dieting and women's health. Hmm, this might not be such a major challenge after all. I could do some research on dieting to find a creative spin.
          One blog I read spoke of how query letters is a "numbers game". They say the more letters you write and submit the better your chances of getting noticed. If this is true I know my first query letter probably won't get selected, but I'll be super excited once I mail it off. This is all brand new to me and that alone will be an accomplishment.
                                      
        
                                                                                                    Sincerely
                                                                                                             Joi xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Honest and open post, what most of us feel and think but are too afraid to share. Thanks for sharing. Love the new blog.

    ReplyDelete