Saturday, April 24, 2010

Grocery list and Goal Setting

      I was on the phone talking with one of my friends the other day and I came up with a great analogy about goal setting. Setting goals for yourself is like making your grocery list. Just listen there's more. You feel so much more organized when you go to the store with a list. If you don't have a list when you go to the store you end up all over the place. And sometimes you may walk out of the store forgetting the essential items you left the house for in the first place. Why go through life without a list?
      When you set goals for yourself you're less likely to walk past your aisle of opportunity. You walk into the store of life each day with a mission. You know what you need out of life;  you have a plan and a timeline to get it.
     I would advise any and everyone to set goals. They can be daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, short term or long term. They can be different or all tie into one another. Well I have my list together now let's go shopping.

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, Joi,

    Your blog looks good! I hope you'll be telling us about your first book sale soon!

    Best,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully honest and refreshing. Love the new blog. Great work and can't wait to read more about the novel you are working on.

    Terri,
    PS. love the fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joi,

    What a great analogy. Often stating something with an analogy creates a connection and makes it clear and doable--your's certainly has.

    Karen from CWCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY JOI I LOVED THIS POST I'M GOING TO MAKE UP MY GROCERY LIST TONIGHT I'M GOING SHOPPING TOMORROW AND I DONT WANT TO FORGET MY ESSENTIALS PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific post! Wonderful blog. Keep up the great work!

    Donna from CWCC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey

    What a Great Post, I truly appreciate the Honesty and Creative thinking you are bringing to the table. That is a wonderful analogy. Life presenents many daily tasks and being prepared for whats to come is always better than simply biting the bullet.

    Keep It Up

    Walter H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the comments. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete